Penn Waste Mobile Carts to be Delivered to EHT Residences Aug. 1 - Aug. 4
July 24, 2018
PENN WASTE IS BEGINNING A MOBILE TRASH CART PROGRAM FOR EAST HANOVER TOWNSHIP.
Please be advised that all mobile carts should be placed BEHIND THE CURB and not on the street. There should be nothing placed in the roadway that would impede or delay the removal of snow or ice from the road. The garbage truck arm has the capability to reach past the curb in order to pick up your cans.
Here are some tips to ensure a smooth collection process:
• Set mobile cart out by your start time.
• Place mobile cart with the lid opening towards the road.
• Do not place cart in the roadway.
• DO NOT block walkways with carts.
• Place carts at least THREE FEET APART from each other and mailboxes, fire hydrants, low hanging trees or shrubs, parked cars, or utility poles - so trucks can easily access the cart.
TIPS ON PROPER MOBILE CART PLACEMENT:
As part of your municipality’s new contract with Penn Waste, we are offering, at no cost to our customers, a mobile cart for trash service to each home in your municipality. The cart you will receive is for trash only and is pictured at right; please place your recyclables in your recycling cart, which has a blue body and yellow lid. Please keep and use this mobile trash cart for 60 days. If after 60 days you still do not want to use the mobile trash cart, please contact our customer service department at 717-767-4456.
Thank you for your assistance!